The Second Step is a character generator for Earthdawn second edition
- Calculate all the secondary characteristics in the game
- See exactly where each Legend Point has been spent
- Built-in name generator
- Button-push instant NPC generator with a high degree of customizability.
- Save your character as html or rtf
- Table Editor for easy changes
- Manual included
- Every Race, Discipline, Knack, Skill, Spell and Item in Earthdawn Second Edition
- Gamemaster Characters from Mists of Betrayal, Terror in the Skies, Blades, Infected, Parlainth Adventures, Shattered Pattern and Sky Point Adventures included
- Thread Items from all published Sourcebooks as well as all adventure modules published
- All official Disciplines except the Journeyman, as required updated to fit Second Edition.
- The Earthdawn Journal Disciplines Combat Mage, Inquisitor, Mystic Warrior, Songsmith, Spy and Taildancer, updated to fit Second Edition.
- A couple of disciplines, the modified Horror Stalker and the Guardian, from Dan Blair and Michael Chiarcos
- Points buy or random Attributes
- Customizable Second Discipline handling
- Versatility, Leadership, Talent Pattern and Attribute Pattern
- Custom skills
- Forged Weapons & Armor
- Sell/buy items at selectable percentage of normal cost
- File type shell Integration
- Thread Items with import/export feature in the Table Editor
- Step/dice table
- Three different kinds of character output: Simple listing, html-sheet, and short npc-listing
Please note that some of the unofficial Disciplines might not be as well trimmed as the official ones, and may upset the balance of the game. If you are a player and want to use one, you should get your gamemaster's permission first.